How To Know When Someone Has Muted Your WhatsApp Status
Technology and it’s uses continues to advance as people also continues to adapt to them and exploring their functions for a better civilization.
Until May 2009, when WhatsApp messenger was created by Brian Acton and Jan Koum, former employees of Yahoo; there were few other existing Instant Messenger apps, and today, WhatsApp seem to be among the top 3 most popular Instant Messenger app.
You will also agree that in the early years of WhatsApp, there was no such thing as WhatsApp Status until it’s introduction in February 2017. The purpose of introducing WhatsApp Status is to enable a user say “Good Morning” to all his/her contacts at the same time.
Now, it’s sometimes weird that your contact will mute your WhatsApp Status and miss the harmless “Good Morning” you shared. What’s more weird is the fact that you view their own WhatsApp Status, but they don’t view yours.
Take Note: That your contact didn’t appear among your status viewers doesn’t always mean they have muted you. Could be they are not online, or could be that they just didn’t view your status.
This article will expose the secret on how you can know when someone has muted your WhatsApp Status. But first let’s see some reasons why people mute others’ status.
Reasons People Mute Other People’s WhatsApp Status
- Boring/Uninformative status – If you are the type that always share irrelevant things that passes no knowledge of information, people will mute your status.
- Same Articles/Image – You take picture of yourself in the same costume, and share it 10times on your status, people will mute you.
- Low Data – Viewing WhatsApp Status consumes more data, hence, people who are managing and conserving the little data will mute your status to help their data last longer.
- Videos – I watched the whole season 3 of Game Of Throne on someone’s status, WTF, I had to mute his a55.
- No Alignment – If the things you always share on your WhatsApp status does not align with my core beliefs, bye bye, I will mute your sorry a55.
- Numerous Posting – Every minute, you have a new status, haba!! Oga, shey na because of you I subscribe nii? I mute you sharp sharp, you can’t coman be disturbing my WhatsApp anyhow. Dey you’d dey, make I dey my dey, mbok.
There are bunch of many other reasons your contact might decide to mute your WhatsApp Status, but these are some of the major ones.
Remember: That your contact didn’t appear among your status viewers doesn’t always mean they have muted you. Could be they are not online, or could be that they just didn’t view your status.
This means that someone could be online, but did not view your WhatsApp Status, even though they did not mute you.
SEE ALSO: How To Love Your Partner Genuinely
Also, the Algorithm of WhatsApp is programmed in such a way that some of your contacts can view your WhatsApp Status, but they won’t appear on your viewer’s lists.
Now, How Do You Know When Someone Has Really Muted Your WhatsApp status?
To know when someone has muted your WhatsApp Status, first thing to watch out for is if the person posts status but he/she is not among your status viewers. (That means you see the person’s status, but the person doesn’t appear to have seen yours). Even tho this is not an ultimate proof that you have been muted.
Open “Status” page on your WhatsApp, click on the three dots beside the search button to reveal “Settings” and “Status Privacy“, then select “Status Privacy” to reveal options where you can set who you want and/or don’t want to view your status, (My Contacts, My Contacts except…, Only share with), and Blacklists.
Clicking on Blacklists will reveal people you muted their WhatsApp Status and people who muted your WhatsApp Status.
Note: This Blacklists option does not appear on the regular WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business, GB WhatsApp etc. Blacklists option appears only on the customised WhatsApp which is special made for Government officials with Government accounts, and some other VIPs. This “special WhatsApp” is known is WhatsApp VIP.
The WhatsApp VIP also enables you to hide your number ID and make calls without the recipient knowing who is calling or having access to your phone number
If you want the WhatsApp VIP, then use your regular WhatsApp to contact the WhatsApp support team using the options “Settings>>Help>>Contact Us“.
What do you think about this article? Is it helpful, educative, or trash? We will love to hear from you. Drop your opinion in the comment box below.