5 Solid Facts That Shows Prophet Odumeje May Not Be A Real Man Of God
It seem like a norm that when a person performs miracles, some feeble minded people will conclude he/she is a man of God without evaluating other signs and attributes of the said person.
The Bible said, towards the end time, many false prophets shall arise and perform miracle, claiming to be of God. What we are seeing in many house of prayers today have proven to be a fulfilment of that prophecy.
Chukwuemeka Odumeje, from Anambra state, have had the attention of many Nigerians since he came to limelight with a different kind of prophetic swag. People, in their hunger for miracles have embraced him without any form of critical examination of his inner personality.
This article will hereby, expose some of the attributes of a false prophet, of which Odumeje possesses.
1. He Claims To Be Christ: Mathew 24:5 – “For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray”. A true Christian knows and refers to Jesus as “The Lion of the tribe of Judea”. Therefore if Odumeje is referring to himself as “The Lion himself”, that shows he is claiming and comparing himself to be Christ, and hence the prophecy made by Jesus Christ in the Bible portion above.
2. His Self Declarations: Odumeje says he is not a preacher of love, he is war. Jesus Christ preached love, and christians, by implications are preachers of love. Jesus Christ is against war, he seldom admonished His followers to be at peace and love their enemies, and be in unity with one another.
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. (NIV, Matthew 5:38-45)
Another Bible reference to this is
1 John 4:8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love
You can’t be a real man of God if you support the things Jesus Christ was against.
Also, Odumeje have been seen in many videos making many threatening and swearing words. These are not good attributes for a real man of God.
3. His Companions: Odumeje is mostly seen enjoying the company of people from the secular world. This includes secular music artists, Nollywood actors, Politicians etc.
What does the Bible say?
Psalm 1:1-6 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
Don’t get it wrong, even Jesus Christ dined with sinners, but He effected them to turn their sinful ways. Odumeje is usually seen having fun, dancing and enjoying the company of worldly friends. Remember, “Birds of same feather flocks together.
4. Controversies: It is a known fact that Odumeje loves and always craves controversies. He is most times trending in the news for the wrong reasons. Either for being embarrassed by a politician, or for brawling of spiritual powers with native doctors.
What does the Bible says?
Titus 3:9-11 But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.
A real man of God does not crave for unnecessary attention, and of course does not crave for the hunger to prove supremacy. God fights their battles and speaks for His own people.
5. His Music: Do not be deceived. That a man is calling God in a music doesn’t always mean the music is Godly. The all-round lyrical content of a song plays a major role in determining the godliness in a music track.
Listening to Odumeje’s music on a shallow level will get you thinking it is a godly song, but when given a deep and sincere thought, with the knowledge of God, the meaning of the words used will prove otherwise.
In Odumeje’s music, you will hear things like “Jesus na-ata Ike Mmuo” (meaning Jesus eats the buttocks of the spirits), “Odumeje na-ata Ike Agaba” (Odumeje eats agaba’s buttocks), etc. and you begin to ask what are the meaning of these. Piles of question that seems nobody to answer them.
Remember, the Bible says many false prophets shall arise and perform miracles. They will claim to be of God and many people will be deceived. Be on your guard so that nobody will take aways your crown.
Disclaimer: This article is based on the opinion and evaluation of this media platform. It is not subjected to the opinion of the public.
In a case of any disagreement or disapproval, please contact the management of this platform using the available contacts provide on our Contact Us page